CoinLoan is making it possible to use your crypto assets as a collateral and receive quick loans in your local fiat currency. You can get a loan of up to 70% of your total crypto asset portfolio value. This way you can maintain your crypto asset portfolio and enjoy the upside while having fiat currency on-demand if required for urgent expenses.
Having a DAO (Decentralised Autonomous Organisation) in place to create a trustless system for borrowers and lenders removes the risk from lenders as they know they’ll be paid because it’s hardcoded and the borrowers understand the risks involved in case they fail to make the payments on time.
- CoinLoan is an innovative lending platforms which allow you to instantly offer/receive micro or major loans using crypto assets as collateral globally and for any personal purpose.
- ICO Dates: Currently running, ends on 29th December or at a hard cap of $56mn.
- CLT Token Price: $2-$8 in ICO, $10 to be sold at an optional SCO (Secondary Coin Offering) post-ICO.
- On November 21, 2017, CoinLoan was successfully granted a European license by the Register of Economic Activities (License No.FIA000071).
- What is CoinLoan
- How does it Work?
- CLT Token and Utility
- The Team behind CoinLoan
- CoinLoan ICO and How to Buy CLT Tokens
- What factors would Affect the Price of CLT Tokens?
- How to Store your CLT Tokens
CoinLoan is a licensed, Europe based lending platform where you can hold your crypto assets as collateral to apply for loans. The loan amount can be anywhere upwards of $50 as long as it’s under 70% of the value of your crypto assets that CoinLoan holds as collateral.
How does it Work?
Here’s how it works:
The Lender deposits fiat currency to CoinLoan and specify the amount and the interest rate at which he/she is ready to offer a loan at. Once the loan duration is complete, they receive the interest as well as their principle back but CoinLoan keeps 10% of the interest as platform fees.
The borrower deposits his/her crypto assets at CoinLoan and then is eligible to get a loan of up to 70% of their crypto-asset value at an interest rate they’re comfortable paying. As long as the payments are made on time and there are no wild negative fluctuations in the value of their crypto assets they get 100% of their crypto tokens back once the loan has been paid back in full.
Benefit for lenders:
- Virtually zero risk of a default on your loan since CoinLoan will automatically liquidate their crypto assets in case of a missed payment.
- Easy to offer micro-loans so you can be a lender, no matter your budget.
- You get to decide the interest rate that suits you.
- No limits on the number of loans you can offer.
- No tricky documentation or financial regulations.
- Offer Loans on a global scale.
Benefit for the Borrowers:
- You can enjoy the market upside of owning cryptocurrencies without having to worry about on urgent expenses.
- Immediate access to loans
- Easy pre-payment without any penalties
- Easy access to micro-loans
- No documentation required
- You can use the loans for any personal reasons
- Lower interest rates than traditional financial institutions
- Easy refinancing of liabilities
CLT Token and Utility
CLT Tokens will be the currency that can be used by both lenders and borrowers to use the platform for borrowing and lending.
The ICO price of the CLT token varies from $2 to $8 depending on when you participate in the token sale. However, CoinLoan guarantees that the tokens won’t be sold below $10 at the SCO after the ICO has been completed.
Apart from its utility as a way to pay for using the platform, there are clear incentives for using the CLT token apart for both borrowers and lenders when using the lending platform like no platform fees and a higher Loan-to-value ratio when using CLT tokens as collateral.
The Team behind CoinLoan
Lead by co-founders Alex Faliushin (financial head) and Max Sapelov (Technical head) the CoinLoan team seems to be one that has the technical and financial backing they need to deliver the final Coinloan platform.
CoinLoan ICO and How to Buy CLT Tokens
The CoinLoan ICO is currently live and you can participate in the token sale at tokensale.Coinloan.io.
You can pay via BTC, LTC, and Ether directly from your private wallets or from an exchange wallet be it from Bittrex, Binance, Poloniex, etc.
Earlier, when participating in ICOs such as this, you had to own the private keys of the wallet you were sending your BTC/ETh/LTC tokens from but for CoinLoan you can use any private or exchange wallet or even pay with altcoins to participate in the ICO.
After the ICO, you’ll be able to buy them either at the SCO (secondary coin offering) or in case all of the tokens get sold, you can get them on exchanges once they get listed there.
But this is the best time to get them at a discounted price of $2-8. I myself am holding some in case I’d want to use the platform myself at a later point in time.
Here’s how you participate in the ongoing ICO:
1. Register for your account at tokensale.coinloan.io.
Registration is required since this is where your tokens will be stored until they release the tokens.
The registration process itself is pretty straightforward, all you need is to provide your email address and a login password, click the link to confirm your email and you’re done.
2. Once logged in, Hit the buy tokens button.
You’ll see the Ethereum, Bitcoin and Litecoin address you can send in your bitcoins to, in order to participate in the ICO. You can calculate how many CLT tokens you’d receive before sending them in to make sure you have enough.
And that’s all. Once your transaction has been confirmed on the respective blockchain, you’ll see the # of tokens you own on the top left corner of the dashboard.
The CoinLoan team promises that the CLT Tokens will never be sold below $10 from their platform however, there is no high cap on the price of the token so it can definitely trade above $10 on exchanges. The fee(s) for using the platform will be adjusted accordingly.
What factors would Affect the Price of CLT Tokens?
The price of CLT Tokens will primarily be driven by user adoption of the CoinLoan platform. Since CLT is the only way to really access the platform as a borrower, with the increase in users (borrowers and lenders), the demand for CLT tokens will increase and so thus the price.
However, there are certain market sentiments that can increase or decrease the value of the token apart from its merit.
How to Store your CLT Tokens
Once the tokens are released, you can hold them on any private wallet that supports ERC20 tokens. I personally prefer using a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S for any cryptocurrencies that I’m holding for the long haul and wouldn’t be trading anytime soon.
However, do check out MyEtherWallet as it can be easily accessed from anywhere just using your private key.
Once the token has been listed on exchanges, you can even store them on an exchange wallet. However, we do not recommend doing that as you could lose your tokens if there was anything bad to happen to the exchange, be it the exchange shutting down or getting hacked. It’s always a better option to hold your tokens in a private wallet.